Next Next Previous Previous

Stanton Drew

4 5 eArly PlAnS antiquarian maps and surveys The circles at Stanton Drew were first noted by the 17th century antiquarian, John Aubrey, in 1664. At about the same time, a Mr. John Wood visited Stanton Drew and made a plan of the site, but his visit was accompanied by a storm and the villagers accused him of having Disturbed the Guardian Spirit of the metamorphosed stones. In 1776, the first comprehensive drawings of the stones were made by William Stukeley next page, who believed the site comprised part of a sacred pattern with centres at Stonehenge and Avebury.
From Other Books..
Currently Browsing:
Buy and download E-Book PDF
Buy Softback from Amazon
Buy Hardback from Amazon
Keywords on this page
Show fewer keywords
Show more keywords
See Also:
Log In
Authors List
Comments
Series Titles
Covers
Special Offers
Home
Powered by Ergonet BookBrowser Engine
x